Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers Day 16 challenge was to create a dreamy, hazy image using the new techniques she presented to us in her video. Here's what I did with a image of an orchid that I recently shot at the Koele Lodge in Lanai, Hawaii.
- Added lens flare to a blank layer, soft light, 50% gray
- Added a Levels Adjustment layer and adjusted the output slider
- KK texture, "Flouish", Screen, 24%. Used layer mask to remove some of the texture from the orchid.
- KK texture, "Veil", Soft Light, 38%. Used layer mask to remove some of the texture from the orchid.
- Two text layers - Engravers MT for the main font and Century Gothic for the name.
My dreamy, hazy image of an orchid